Denim going dotty

Monday, October 22, 2012

Trying to stay away from facebook. lol. Yes I am blogging or journaling to stay away from facebook. Honestly, I told myself facebook was okay because it was a form of journaling everyday but really it has turned into a time waster! ok. My kids are so cute. Lila had a great day at music class. She plays the clarinet this semester and I taught her how to breathe from her diaphragm this week so she could get the notes out. YAY! She lit up when it worked and this week at her lesson she said that the other kids were still puffing into their clarinets while she got compliments from her teacher. One other student figured it out too. I wonder if they have a voice teacher mom too. lol.
Xander went to Chess class today and lost one of his matches but came back strong in the second to take their queen before time was up. He really enjoys it. I am so proud of him. Chess is beyond me. I can't think more than a move ahead.
Charlotte is moving forward with homework and reading. I am nervous to talk to her school about applying to Balboa school. She is in the Transitional Kinder and should go another year in Kinder before entering 1st grade but if she is ready they will send her on after one year. The only thing is I need to send in her application for Balboa this month. Do they feel confident enough now that she can jump to first grade next year? I don't know. Maybe if I give them the option to hold her back even if she is accepted. That way they don't have to make the decision of moving her on to 1st grade until the end of the year but if they do she will have a place to go. I think I need to get materials from Mrs. Albert to prepare Charlotte. She is ready for 1st at Tarzana but I am not sure about 1st at Balboa. It is pretty intense but wouldn't it be incredible to be gifted AND actually be challenged. Intriguing.
That's what is on my mind today.
Oh I folded the laundry to music and cleaned part of alan's office. yay me! I am also doing my new mary kay face regiment. I feel like my face is a little smoother already. I need to take pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment